Tuesday 14 July 2015

Five Fail-proof Birthday gifts


As it was my birthday recently, I’ve been inspired to write a birthday related post! 
I always really struggle to find a gift that I think someone will love, especially gifts within my price range, and I can and have spent hours/days/weeks thinking about what to get someone I care about for their birthday, so here’s a list of ideas that won't break the bank; partly influenced by the presents I received on my birthday and also by what I think can sometimes be over-looked as a great present.
No.1 The watch
 I received a watch for my birthday that I had been looking at for ages, it’s a beautiful rose gold Olivia Burton watch, with a deep blue leather strap and a bee embossed on the face. No, I’m not an insect lover, but my nickname is ‘Bee/B’ (however you want to spell it) and I thought it was such a thoughtful gift for my boyfriend to buy me; it feels really personal and I couldn’t be happier with it. Watches are timeless and really useful, so this really is the gift that keeps on giving.

No.2 A modern twist to an old classic. 
ALCOHOL
So I received a LOT of wine for my birthday (I must love it or something..) and although I know alcohol is pretty much a go-to kind of present, last year my brother left a message on a bottle of champagne which read the classic ‘I hope you have a great birthday, love you..’ and I loved it. No one had ever given me personalised alcohol. Similarly a couple of my friends went to a shop in Manchester/Trafford Centre called Vom Fass, and hand picked different spirits they thought I would love. Again, I thought that was really special, and it wasn’t too expensive. A great new t(affordable) take on alcoholic gifts.

No.3 The 'you know it makes them happy' gift
(don’t get weird here...) 
Think ‘Team building’ but less formal. Gifts that you know your friend/family/other half are already really interested in are the BEST. It shows you have really considered their interests and you know it’d be something they would enjoy, however these could end up being quite pricey, so be tactical! For example my family and family friend bought my dad a fishing trip away for him and his friend. Their birthdays are after each other and they both love to fish, so it was a great idea for them, a chance for them to get away and they both really enjoyed themselves. 
Photo below taken from Google.co.uk
 No.4. The adventurous gift
(again, don’t get weird..) 
So my best friend Ange randomly texted me asking when I was free; she basically found a deal on Groupon (great place to looks for these kind of gifts) for a hot air balloon ride, with champagne in Scotland. Now, I have a lot of family in Scotland which is why she thought this would be perfect: we could go visit my family and also enjoy an experience neither of us had had before, together.
Photo below taken from Google,co,uk    
No.5 The original. 
Money makes the world go round, right?
I usually get money for my birthday, and I know a lot of people who think money as a gift is really impersonal, but every year my auntie and uncle have sent me a card with money in and always written something along the lines of ‘Don’t save this money in the bank. Spend it on rubbish and enjoy!’ I love that. It’s a great idea to personalise a card with money in, for example if it’s for your girlfriend/boyfriends birthday, suggest they buy a new outfit ready for the night! 


Do you have a go-to gift? let me know!
Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment