Sunday 4 October 2015

Up-Cycling a box into shelves


Up-cycling can be a great way to create something new without spending a penny, which is ideal for me as I currently have NO money! (Cry) 

To find out how I made these handy shelves out of an old box, read on..

For this quick and easy project I used  an old Abercrombie & Fitch box which was previously home to a Christmas present and cut the top of both parts of the box off. I then used some spare tester pots of paint to paint the sides of the box to match a similar colour to my walls (cream). 
Once dried I used strong double sided sticky tape which I placed on the back of the new shelves (originally the roof and base of my box) and stuck it to my wall. 
That's it! 
It took about 10 minutes to complete and is a perfect and easy way to create more storage. I find I often have spare boxes just lying around my house and I love finding new ways to utilise them, rather than just throwing them out! 

Have you ever up-cycled in your home? Let me know! 

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment