Tuesday 10 February 2015

Basin - Loughborough

If you're a food fanatic like me, then you'll get why I'm writing about food! I literally LOVE food. I especially love trying new foods, and subsequently eat out a lot, and despite living off of a student budget, I've eaten in some really nice places.
I recently visited my sister who is at Nottingham University and lives quite close to Loughborough, which is where I was introduced to Basin- a Japanese restaurant that also serves Chinese and Thai food.
The restaurant itself is large, but manages to maintain a cosy feel, with both an open and more secluded dining space. The theme of the restaurant is on-point, not too disney-fied (although I personally would have been fine with that), more a contemporary Japanese style, wooden floors and neutral/earthy colours throughout, so it's suited to everyone's tastes. 
Menu

The menu had a lot of choice and variety which was great, but I didn't really know what all of it was; luckily my brother and sister have eaten a lot of Japanese food before so they helped me to choose. We decided on:
- Chai Sui Pork Buns
- Siu Mai King Prawn and Pork Dumplings
- California Rolls
-Hokkigai Sashimi
- Mixed Fish Hosomaki
- Chicken Katsu Curry
- Chicken Yaki Soba
- Fried Beef Ho Fun. 
 
       
The food was presented in a style in-keeping with the theme, which was lovely to see, and it tasted as amazing as it looked, particularly the Chai Sui Pork Buns; they were so fluffy and sweet, which was a lovely surprise and the meat was cooked perfectly (in every dish). I could snack on them ALL day. The seafood in the California Rolls, Hakigai Sashimi and Mixed Fish Hosomaki was so fresh, 100x better than your bog-standard Tesco Sushi dishes.
All our dishes were packed with flavours that complimented each other and made for one of my best meals to date. I will definitely be going back and highly recommend the restaurant, particularly to seafood lovers, or those who like to try new things!  

In case you want to check them out: http://thebasin.co.uk/

Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment